.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Just Because: Dennis Deyoung



This post travelled an odd road. It began as a thumbs down to those on facebook who announce on their page that they are purging their friend list. (it is so dramatic, ego driven and threatening). In real life you would never tell your friends some of them are getting the ole heave ho. I usually defriend anyone who makes such a statement. While writing that post I was listening to one of my favorite musicians, Dennis Deyoung. I decided for some odd reason to weave Dennis into the post, discussing that although he is one of my all time favorite singers I have never really vocalized it to many, (somehow I connected that ones love for something is not related to how loudly you say it but how you feel it).

As often happens the post was rambling (more than I usually do), and going nowhere. So...Instead I want to encourage anyone who has not experienced the vocal power of former Styx Dennis Deyoung to give him a listen. Deyoung's Back To The World and 10 On Broadway are two albums that have been a big part of many great times in my life.

My favorite track on 10 On Broadway is Pilate's Dream from Jesus Christ Superstar but I could not find a video to share. But this version of Summertime will give you an idea of the power of Deyoung's vocals.




Deyoung singing Come Sail Away, that voice!!!